“Persistence is the twin sister of excellence. One is a matter of quality; the other, a matter of time.” – Marabel Morgan
CQD and/or CQD Renewal Information
* Login to our Educational Portal to process application fee and to take webinar and test.
* Submit ten (10) RU's, 3 Reports and the WCEA certificate via Dropbox.
* Once everything has been submitted and the quiz has been successfully taken, you will receive your renewal certification via email.
* All information MUST be submitted at one time.
Detailed Directions for Certification Renewal.
1. Login to WCEA to take the renewal course, take the quiz and pay the renewal fee. (If your company has a valid membership contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a coupon code to receive the reduced rate. Please note that a separate application is required to renew each certification, CQD or CQT.)
2. A score of 80% or better on the quiz is required. Quiz topics reflect the changes made to the AV9000 Standard since you took the course, as well as other related topics.
3. Ten (10) general knowledge renewal credits, accumulated at any time during the certification period (the dates are listed on your certificate). Any Renewal Units (RU's) acceptable to AVIXA can also be applied to this renewal. Candidates are required to furnish a copy of the Certificate of Completion for the training for which the RU's are based, or a copy of your AVIXA training profile. Remember: Manufacturer based training counts for double the credit, as we believe that every hour of training should be rewarded.
4. Submit reports* via Dropbox (signed by the candidate, dated within the certification period), providing evidence of continuing participation in AV technology audits. Reports are subject to review and must include complete subsequent notes. A reviewer may contact the candidate if clarification is required. Reports MUST follow the original AV9000 checklist format.
CQT renewals include an AV9000 summary report of three (3) Staging and/or Commissioning Reports.
CQD renewals include an AV9000 submission of a summary report of three (3) Design Reviews.
4a. AQAV recognizes that all renewal candidates are not given the opportunity to perform Design Review, Staging or Commissioning tests as part of their job duties. Many who have taken the training are now in a supervisory or management position that oversees these activities without performing them and their training is being applied in this oversight or management capacity. To renew, supervisors must submit three (3) AV9000 checklists that have been completed by the staff under their supervision. In addition to being signed by the individual performing the tests, the checklists should also be signed by you, as the supervisor, one from each year. (i.e., you received your certification in 2017. One report from each year, 2017, 2018, and 2019.) By implementing this process, not only will it simplify the re-certification process it will also provide you the opportunity to review the work of your staff. The reviewer retains the right to decline a submitted report if it does not meet the criteria.
5. Upon completion, you will receive an updated certificate.
* Reports must be the AV9000 Standard checklist. The checklist can be updated to reflect individual companies but must maintain the integrity of the original format, including categories, item numbers, and sections.
All certifications are good for three (3) years.
You will need to create an account.
Payments are non-refundable when the course has been completed, a certificate has been awarded and/or exam has been taken.
Refunds are not available for coupons not redeemed at the time of purchase.
All information MUST be submitted at one time.
1. Certificate from WCEA.
2. Three (3) Reports.
3. Ten (10) RUs.